In the Meadow of Dreams. A Thought.






Last night and the night before, I had the same dream.
I was taking a ride down an escalator and the escalator stairs were folding and collapsing behind me and I would leap off just in time before all of it was flat and gone.

This dream left me feeling no particular way. Only slightly puzzled.
Perhaps the General Chiang's chicken I ate the night before?

There was a time in life when planes crashed in my dreams.
Sometimes I would watch as it went down. Massive, fuel loaded planes falling to earth in thunderous roars and fireballs. One even had me walking among wreckage--no gruesome carnage, just wreckage--and I remember the smell of jet fuel stuck in my nostrils for days in real life.


I was leading a double life back then. A life filled with duplicity. I knew inherently what the dreams were warning me of.

Many, many nights I would dream of talking or screaming in a room full of people yet the words struggled to make sound come from my lips.....and I was never heard. Nobody was listening.
Sometimes I would chase them through my dreams. Still, they didn't hear me.

We never dream of sunny flower filled meadows or of riding rainbows.

Night comes and our subconscious gives us a riddle to figure out.
Clues left for us in waking life that we don't seem to see.

Or do......but we ignore them.

The best dreams are those that we wake from and wished we hadn't.
When our hearts are bittersweet and aching.
The rest of the day we spend walking on that cloud.

Maybe trying to sneak in a nap... to get back to "that place".

CJ Ellis

Comments

Popular Posts