Lifelines. A thought.









It's always good to have secret weapons. Not the kind that can hurt or cause irreparable damage--but the stuff we turn to that makes life a little bit sweeter. A little more delicious.
Visualize it as having a really deep pocket. Sitting at the bottom of the pocket is all of the things that can change your mood. Make an unlucky day, lucky.
A special photograph on your cell phone, a warm conversation recalled, a song, a poem, a particular person, old letters or a meaningful day remembered. There you should keep all those things that make life sweet and worthwhile. Your own private reserve of sunshine in your pocket. Lucky pebbles that you  reach for when life decides it wants to beat you up a bit more than usual.

Lifelines.

My own is filled with some really good memories, a red lipstick that makes me feel like Catherine Deneuve when I put it on, a favorite story, a whole bunch of synth rock and a small handful of people that make my life a brighter place just because they inhabit the world. You'll also find a favorite pen and a really really good bottle of pinot noir in there too....possibly a slice of roasted vegetable pizza.
My secret weapons that I reach for when all else fails. The things I keep close by in my proverbial pockets.



                                                                                                   
   CJ Ellis



Comments

Popular Posts