To Feed a Hunger

LMS / cherries are black...





             'Probably one of the most private things in the world is an egg before it is broken'
 
                                                                                   M.F.K. Fisher



Within the mingling of words and slow bites of  a meal shared comes one of the most profound pleasures of all in life. Intimacy of the mind, the soul and the palate. For me, it is the truest tell tale sign for whether you should deserve my heart or not. While between a man and a woman there are certain other important intimacies,  none is as revealing or even more sensual as the foreplay of a meal taken together.

I can appreciate the boyish needs of the meat and potatoes man but I am bewitched even more-so by the one that takes a slightly erotic pleasure in the ripest fig. If he can recite a little William Blake in soft, convincing tones.....chances are we won't make it to dessert. Our dessert will be each other in between lingering sips of French champagne. On the floor or in my bed.
While quoting long dead poets isn't a necessity or even a requirement, thoughtful, curious conversation is.... as are an elegance in manners and mannerisms. 

In the sepia tones of an early rise from slumber, we will loosen away the fragrant peels of a clementine and eat up the fragile insides.A small prelude to something more voluptuous like a few gently scrambled eggs with pungent Gruyere and herbs. A wanton slab of bacon will be my thank you for an energetic session of absolute arousal.

To bask in the exhilaration of feisty debate over a carafe of Spanish Sangria.....divulging secrets in between slurps of angel hair and arrabiata. Tell me your innermost desires, forbidden or lascivious. Speak them to me in such a way that my heart may burst as you wipe the stain of cherries from my lips....



CJ Ellis

Comments

Popular Posts