Roaring 20's



Reading the short story of another author this morning I was reminded of myself in my 20's. In particular, the fact that I used to enjoy drinking my coffee in a zarf. A very long time ago I had seen Sean Connery drink from one and so I hunted a set down in a catalog and bought them. They have since been lost.


I also used to drink champagne from a metal and leather flask that I kept in my Mercedes Benz convertible. The flask has been thrown out and the Mercedes was sold to a lovely red headed woman who used to admire my car as I drove by the beach she sat on. Fate would have her buy it from me some years later.

I used to wear lace thigh high stockings at a time in my life I was quite possibly the coyest young woman a man could ever meet.

That was a long time ago. There are only shiny little shards left of that woman in this present day model. I have a very few reminders in my closet left of that person....that mercurial young lady. The memories cause me to smile.....and shudder.

I haven't many regrets.

Often, though......I wonder where she is and what she is doing.



CJ Ellis

Comments

Popular Posts