Lunch Date



Having coffee with a friend a few days ago an acquaintance of hers saw us and joined us for a bit. Pretty woman. Bright blue eyes, blonde hair....but a dreadful tongue. She plopped down in the middle of our conversation and spewed ugliness and gossip nonstop about a "friend" of hers. I immediately thought to myself " wow--how unfortunate for the woman she is calling "friend". 
The sudden pall over our delightful rendezvous was unwelcome to say the least. Like a rabid dog ...blonde girl continued her nasty verbal rampage for what seemed like forever.
I asked her rather pointedly why she remained friends with someone she clearly disliked...possibly even hated.
Her response was appalling and vituperative.

She laughed and shrugged " I like getting information out of her then laughing at her----she's a mess".

My response was " Hmmm. Poor girl."

My clean, sharp sarcasm was lost on her.
She was still chewing on the tasty bone she called "her friend".

I felt sorry for her. Carrying around that venom on a daily basis must
be exhausting.

Thankfully...she eventually trotted on her way and my friend and I continued on as though blonde girl had never ruined the fun.


                                                                              CJ Ellis

Comments

Popular Posts